Tuesday, July 26, 2011

App review for ipad
I mainly used my ipad for my labwork and also for my reading
It is such a convinient to read paper from my ipad as i can do my reading while i do my polishing
And also while i am in bed
I also do major editing for my lab report and presentation
And it is easier to carry around to show my work to my sv too

So here is my heavily used apps




1. Goodreader (paid): must have!!! I read my textbook (pdf) in good reader because i cam easily annotate on it, and even leave bookmark so that i can revisit important info shud i need them again in future. most of ipad user swears by this

2. Dropbox (free) : cloud computing at its best. I used it mainly to transfer file from my desktop to ipad. You can install uploader in your mac/pc too so it will sync perfectly

3. Papers (free) : for my journal collection. Since i have papers on my macbook pro, i can sync my papers from ipad to mac. I also can used this for citation. This is like endnote but much better. Mac only

4. Mendeley (free): like Papers, but for windows. I dont like the intrrface, but my main pc at work is windows, so this is the only alternative. You can do citation too if you install the desktop app in your pc.

5. Merlin: kinda like microsoft project. Used it to record my progress. Mac only





6. Penultimate (paid): i bought this because sometimes i do notetaking with my pen. So this is in my opinion the best notetaking apps, plus it works perfectly with my ipad pen.

7. Ps express (free): for simple picture editing. Sometimes i uploaded some graph or figures for my presentation, so i usually edit it using this.

8: Keynote (paid). Must have. It is for powerpoint presentation. I love all the simple feature. Plus i also used keynote on my mac.

9. Pages (paid): Must have. This is the microsoft words for mac and ipad

10. Wunderlist (free) : to do apps. Very useful if you have lots of stuff to do adn you can sync this to your desktop too. I used this on my macbook for sometimes, but they just released the ipad apps. Must have.

11. Blogpress(paid): for blogging.

So this is few of many apps i have downloaded. But for work purposes, this is the main things that i think a must have in ipad especially for researcher.

Will update more later.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: